Growth Marketing Manager
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
The Growth Marketing team’s mission is to lead the business towards high-growth opportunities that are efficient and scalable.
We take a hypothesis- and data-driven approach to identifying and executing marketing activities that drive significant, sustainable, high-ROI growth.
We use insights from data and research on our payers, merchants and partners to develop and test hypotheses on growth opportunities and we use our findings to develop scalable marketing strategies to acquire, retain and grow usage of GoCardless.
The Growth Marketers work hand-in-hand with Product Growth, bringing the marketing skills, viewpoint and expertise to a truly cross-functional team. This cross-functional Growth team includes engineers, developers, designers, product managers and more, all laser-focused on scalable growth of GoCardless.
As Growth Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating and executing on projects that will drive growth.
You will source qualitative and quantitative data research, from our 60,000+ active merchants and external sources to derive insights that lead to opportunities.
This role is in a cross-functional Growth team - and it is not defined by the marketing channels that you choose, rather by the benefits you can bring to the prospective merchants and the best way to communicate those benefits.
You will be responsible for ideating, scoping and delivering market-specific scalable programs to boost merchant acquisition with the full support of designers, developers and a business setup to take this business to the next level.
- Being the marketing leader and marketing voice within the Product Growth team that you are deployed to
- Driving impact on the KPIs with the team
- Deploying a wide range of marketing techniques to help the team solve problems and achieve goals
- Design and activate localized merchant acquisition and conversion programs in key global markets
- Develop strategic acquisition and conversion marketing plans to drive scalable growth with focus on CAC:LTV
- Provide recommendations and data trends/insights across channels for sales programs, product improvements, and content development
- Contribute to a cross-functional team tasked with creating meaningful and quality experiences that acquire and convert our prospective customers
- Provide guidance and recommendations for digital marketing channels (including social media), email and community management strategies
- Continue to develop & optimize the Marketing Technology (MarTech) stack of relevant tools for lead generation & pipeline enablement
- Monitor, analyze, and report on KPIs to ensure marketing initiatives are reaching revenue objectives
- Communicating the projects and their outcomes across the business
- You have a proven track record in a Growth Marketing role
- You are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial and growth mindset
- You are driven, analytical and results orientated
- You are comfortable diving into data to produce informed strategic recommendations and insights (familiarity with tools like Google Analytics, Looker and Intercom preferred)
- You have a proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional growth teams
- You’re passionate about Growth Marketing and can draw on first-hand experiences as well as being well-read on winning Growth Marketing approaches
- Knowledge of the fin-tech industry is a plus
- Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude; Willing to “get in the weeds”
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such as BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.