Manager, Product Design, Cloud
United States (Remote)
Location: US or Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is a multi-cloud infrastructure automation company. Our open-source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software. We're looking for a Product Design Manager who is deeply passionate about bringing human-centered thinking to the technology infrastructure space, and who is excited to work on the bleeding edge of technology.
We're looking for an experienced design manager to lead a small team of product designers focused on our HashiCorp Cloud Platform. This person will partner with engineering and product management, drive vision and strategy, prioritize impactful work, and drive the career development of your team.
The ideal candidate has experience in technical enterprise products, leading design teams, partnering with PM and Engineering teams. This person will be expected to understand and embrace complex technical problems and drive a vision to solve them with design. In addition, this person will be responsible for the day to day management of a design team, including driving career development, ensuring a high quality bar for design, and bringing a design lens to product discussions.
- Ensure design excellence by articulating a bar for quality and meticulous attention to detail.
- Drive execution and efficiency by leveraging design processes and research outcomes.
- Develop the careers of your team and help grow and mentor your team members to the next level.
- Balance priorities to execute both tactically as well as articulating a clear product design vision for your area.
- Align design objectives and priorities with product, engineering, and business goals to maximize impact and customer value.
- Have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience leading a design team
- A portfolio of visual and interactive designs that includes process work with variations, rationale, prototyped interactive explorations, attention to detail, and lessons learned
- Knowledge of design fundamentals including layout, color, typography, and tone
- Experience working closely with software engineers and a basic understanding of how things are built
- Ability to adapt to and work within constraints
- Experience working on complex enterprise or developer / devops products.
Nice to have:
- Ability to conduct research
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Experience designing tools and products for technical audiences, across multiple interfaces (Web UIs, CLIs, and APIs to name a few)
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and cloud concepts
- Experience with data visualization
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.