St. Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our team. As a scrum master, you will be tasked to help oversee the scrum and development teams. You will bring your knowledge in Agile methodology and scrum and ability to educate others. You will also act as a buffer between scrum teams and product owners and maintain a safe working environment for the teams by helping with conflict resolution.
For this role, the scrum master needs to hold some level of scrum master certification and have experience leading scrum teams. They need to be able to think fast to help solve problems. You will be communicating with the development and scrum teams and product owner so leadership skills are a must as well. The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Lead the scrum teams in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Helping the product owners and development teams to achieve customer satisfaction
- Support the product owners and provide education where needed
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur within the scrum team
- Drives alignment between scrum teams
- Remove impediments and coach scrum teams on removing impediments
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Help the scrum teams achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization
- Works with scrum teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project and product teams
- Communicate progress and changes with stakeholders
- Collaborate with program management to coordinate knowledge transfer activities, preparing the organization for product feature releases
What we look for:
- Scrum master certification
- 2+ years experience leading scrum teams
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Knowledge of Scrum method, understanding of software development life cycle models, as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Here’s what you and your family get for helping us build what’s next.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Advocate Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Health Savings Account Flexible Spending Accounts Disability Protection
- Life & Voluntary Life Coverage Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is a high-growth, venture-backed SaaS company who is the Experience Platform for the financial services industries. Hundreds of banks, credit unions, and lenders throughout the U.S. use our Experience Platform to create customers for life. We enable our customers to build more human connections by creating relevant, engaging, and meaningful customer experiences.
At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation, and customer success in everything we do. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that we can allow our customers to build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
Simply put, we believe that we are all a part of building something awesome and are committed to creating a world-class team and culture to do it.