Technical Scrum Master (Software Engineer)
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work on cutting-edge technology with a highly-experienced team with various academic and industry backgrounds. We work on a wide array of problems including security, scalability and performance of enterprise-level systems and applications.
We're committed to build a world-class infrastructure to power the industry’s leading Low-Code Automation Platform and create the best possible experience for our customers. This position requires the mental agility to drive success in our fast development cycle.
As a Scrum Master, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating development practices for the Cloud Engineering team, and tracking the team's progress. You will also help the team by leading improvement initiatives aimed at enabling teams to meet their objectives as efficiently as possible.
This role requires a collaborative leader with strong project management experience, good understanding of software engineering disciplines, and the ability to successfully influence in a highly matrixed environment.
About the job
- Provide technical leadership in the rollout of new Cloud features and offerings.
- Coordinate, measure, and monitor the project execution for one or more software development teams.
- Mentor, coach and support teams on agile practices, customizing where necessary.
- Partner with the technical leads of multiple teams to propose improvement initiatives to increase the efficiency of our software development practices.
- Navigate complex sets of dependencies between services and teams to optimize the critical path, address and mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with other leaders in the organization in the creation of product roadmaps.
- Overseeing development of processes, tools and reporting and making key decisions to increase the efficiency of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software business in a mature SDLC preferred.
- Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Experience coordinating or serving a cross-functional team.
- Excellent knowledge of Jira.
- Programming experience with public clouds such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Excellent spoken and written communication with both technical and non-technical people.
- Experience using with RDBMS database technology (e.g. MySQL, Oracle or Amazon RDS, SQL Server, etc.) to gain insights and make recommendations.
- Familiarity with Linux Operating Systems.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.