Senior Product Manager – LatAm Expansion
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Every month, we help hundreds of thousands of customers send money to and from Latin America. Your mission is to expand and deepen our presence in the Latin America region - making sending, spending, and receiving money in the region convenient, instant, and close to free.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll take ownership of bringing Wise to new customers in Latin America - whether that be launching Wise in new countries or expanding the customer use cases and problems we solve
- You’ll build a deep understanding of customers and markets in the LatAm region, and use this to guide the team to focus on high-impact opportunities. How you do this is up to you, let it be drawing conclusions from data, working with the research team to understand customer behaviour or speaking to customers directly
- You’ll go the extra mile to help the team execute - whether it’s unblocking a negotiation with a partner, coming up with creative solutions to reach more LatAm customers and better understanding whether we can take on technical debts to progress faster
- You’ll be championing LatAm customers in the rest of the organisation, and liaising across functions (customer support, financial crime, operations, etc) to build great products
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal - you will need to figure out and build solutions so that our customers can move money instantly, conveniently, transparently, and - eventually - for free
- Build world-class products: The role is a unique opportunity to build innovative, state-of-the-art solutions within LatAm specifically
- Choose your path to impact - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader - You will build and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission
A bit about you:
- Customer-focus – You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers, ran surveys or research and interviewed people who used your product. You’re able to define the customer impact of product investments you make.
- Making decisions and providing direction - You can differentiate the signal from the noise and ensure the team is laser-focused on what’s truly important
- Communicating clearly and logically - You are able to effectively frame problems to influence across the team. You are comfortable communicating with internal and external partners on challenging issues, whether in written format or at sprint planning with the team
- You’re data-driven – You are able to dive into data to identify opportunities and then measure your impact. You prioritise the value you can add to customers, and can get the entire company behind you by telling stories with data.
- You’re methodical in validating problems and solutions - You invest in testing assumptions and mitigating risks before a line of code is written, to ensure the team is focused on building the right products to address our customers’ needs.
- You have fresh ideas - You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- You’re fluent in either Portuguese or Spanish
- You’ve got a connection with or experience working in Latin America
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.