Sr. Product Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
Are you the type of person who feels they could solve any problem if they just had the right data? Are you curious by nature? We are seeking an experienced analyst to help us better understand and manage the Poshmark seller business through rigorous data analysis and insights.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong business mindset for approaching problems and have strong technical skills in data extraction and manipulation. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with 4+ years experience to gain valuable experience and drive decisions at a high-growth, mobile commerce start-up.
- Lead analytics projects from beginning to end. Formulate hypotheses, extract required data, capture insights, and enable business health reporting.
- Collaborate with product development and product management teams to develop testing strategies, followed by end to end implementation with engineering teams. Build deep working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and understand how our users interact with our products through systematic and rigorous measurement and analysis.
- Develop a deep understanding of specific areas of the business and the key metrics to measure the performance of the product.
- Participate and contribute to data discussions with the goal to enrich data and business understanding.
- Partner with product, data and engineering teams to advance data capture, logging and reporting capabilities.
- Perform extensive QA on data to ensure the quality of data. Follow the standard process for reporting any issues identified and work with the Data team to close the data issues.
- Maintain required documentation to ensure inventory of all key findings and growth opportunities.
- Implement and further develop existing and new analytics solutions to enable rapid experimentation.
- Adopt and improve reporting and measurement frameworks to enhance business understanding.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent degree with 4+ years of product analysis experience Or M.S. with 3+ years of product analysis experience.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Google sheets/Excel. Experience with Python, Spark SQL, Scala, Big data and Looker/Tableau.
- Strong business acumen is required. Experience in one of the business areas - Growth, Product, Marketplace Operations or Community Service is a big plus.
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up business cases, planning, and decisions.
- Detail oriented and expert in both qualitative and quantitative analysis with a passion for delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Advanced reporting with strong critical thinking and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of Poshmark’s seller products and how they function, and how goals are selected/tracked/performed.
- Own the different analytics processes for the product analytics team and align with the stakeholders to drive business growth.
- Develop a full understanding of Poshmark’s data systems and various analytics tools.
- Establish strong relationships with all cross-functional teams.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Become a trusted advisor to all key stakeholders. Demonstrate co-ownership of GMV (Gross Merchandise Value).
- Proactively identifying and driving new data initiatives to allow product development to continue to scale over time.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.