Senior Product Designer (UX/UI Designer) - Remote
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Join the team engineering the way food is ordered in the future
Now is your chance to join the most innovative subsidiary of the largest food delivery company in the world. Experience a unique opportunity to apply creative thinking and your skills to help shape the way in which food is ordered in the future.
Behind us we have 7 years’ experience developing a systems integration platform that benefited food delivery companies so much so that Just Eat Takeaway.com acquired us outright. Today, we are deploying this technology into thousands of restaurant locations across 20 countries. Our product is a restaurant API that integrates data from existing restaurant systems, like orders, bookings and menus, to the end consumer apps and restaurant back office systems. Ahead of us is a vision where every restaurant in the world will use our technology; a future that our teams will help build.
You will play an integral role in our small but fast paced company where people work remotely across three continents, engaging with the biggest restaurant brands in an industry where there is even greater growth potential. You will be part of a cross functional squad owning the vision and roadmap to enable the deployment of our technology to become even quicker and with less friction, so that it is achieved at the touch of a button.
We value five key areas, which we embrace and use to define ourselves: Care, Transparency, Individual Leadership, Enthusiasm, and Results Achievement. These values give us the guiding principles to make our own choices, share openly with one another, achieve what we intend to, support our teammates, and maintain passion for the work we do.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Product Designer who can take our product to the next level! You will be responsible for pioneering Flyt's design by creating simple and intuitive user experiences.
We are really looking for someone who is up for being able to translate and portray the Product vision at Flyt and drive forwards with its potential.
It is vital that this person is able to gain buy in from others and showcase a Product vision.
You will need experience in usability and desirability testing in our quick paced environment with someone who can get stuck in and find quickly what customers want and the underlying root problem.
What you’ll be doing
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Create seamless & innovative solutions - You focus on key user problems and come up with innovative and beautiful solutions while empowering consumers to love their takeaway experience. You own every aspect of the product’s design, from solving the core user problem to shipping a well-tested and pixel perfect UI.
- Own every aspect of the product’s design - You work across the entire product lifecycle from concept to delivery and create documentation, wireframes, prototypes and pixel perfect UI. You create hi- and lo-fi prototypes that can be validated with users and are able to communicate the detail of these interactions to developers.
- Research - You have a strong working knowledge of research methods and can conduct research and usability studies in conjunction with UX Researchers.
- Data-driven - You use qualitative and quantitative data to influence their work. In conjunction with the Product Manager, you measure and monitor the performance of the products you work on.
- Communicate - You transparently communicate on your progress and you discuss ideas with your cross-functional team. You present well both within the Design team and to non-creative stakeholders.
- Teamwork - You take a collaborative approach and foster strong working relationships with your team, and with people in the wider Just Eat team, learning from them.
You must have:
- Experience in a UX/UI design role.
- Experience in designing and shipping consumer products or products for businesses.
- Experience working in agile/sprint-based environments.
- Proven experience in regard to collaboration/projects with the product, research, and tech teams.
- Experience designing user interfaces for both one app platform (iOS or Android) and responsive web.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and component libraries.
- High fidelity prototyping skills (Axure, Principle, Framer, Figma etc.).
- Comfortable presenting to larger audiences and senior stakeholders.
- Experience with workshop facilitation and design sprints.
- Ability to take ownership, creatively solve problems, and proactively contribute to the objectives of the business.
Working with us
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about creating great solutions that delight and inspire users.
- You like working alongside agile teams with Product Managers and Engineers to create inspiring solutions.
- You like working on problems, rather than features.
- You are keen to have users view your ideas, concepts and work regularly.
- You thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- You like working client-side but are keen to see your work released quickly and regularly.
- Remote working is your thing!
- You can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and build a great product with a dedicated team
- You love having a goal, and having the autonomy to decide the best way to go for it
- You obsess over personal growth. Feedback, Coaching, Learning, Teaching.
- You like to communicate transparently (majority of our #slack channels are public!), and are willing to listen to your peers, earn trust and show up curious
Whereabouts and things to note:
- This role is a remote role so ideally can be based anywhere in the UK
- This a permanent, full-time role
- Competitive Salary
- Flexibility with how you want to work (we’ve been a remote-first company for well over two years now)
- Access to coaches on leadership, product, tech and sales
- Macbook Pro to enable you to do your job well
- The training budget you need to help you level-up
- A bonus pool
- Paid annual leave per annum
- A wellbeing programme designed to provide you with the tools, should you need, to ensure you are your happy and healthy self!
- A leadership development programme (LDP) and engineering development programme (EDP) to support you in levelling up
- Company-wide remote socials (attendance is, of course, not mandatory although we highly encourage it as we are a social bunch!
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun (slightly on hold until it’s safe to do so again)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australasia.
The hiring experience
We have a 3 stage process when it comes to hiring. There will be an initial 20/30 min Google Hangout with one of our hiring managers, 60 minute technical assessment with relevant person in that role i.e. Developer, Project Managers, etc and finally a culture interview with two of the team (a Tribe Lead and one other). A final decision will be made post the culture interview.
We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing everyone at Flyt to bring their true selves to work every day.