Product Manager (Core Product)
Dallas, Texas, United States, USA, San Francisco, California, United States
Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
We are currently hiring a Principal Product Manager, who will report to the Director of Product. Our Product Managers are responsible for identifying and prioritizing market opportunities and helping bring the required products and features to life from inception to post-launch. This role is inherently cross-functional and you will work closely with engineering, design, sales, operations, business development and customer service. You are highly analytical, customer focused and will be able to work independently in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
What you'll do
- Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy (what are we building, why are we building, how is it going to win)
- Use customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform product direction and requirements
- Develop clear and effective customer and business requirements (user stories, use cases)
- Define customer goals and success criteria for each release
- Act as the customer proxy with Engineering throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
- Proactively identify issues that will keep the product from delivering on time and assess the alternatives to resolve (path to green)
- Partner with Product Marketing and other functions to co-own the GTM plan and ensure that customer and business goals are being met.
- Continuously make operational improvements to your products/features and manage the feedback loop.
What we need
- You have 4+ years of experience working in product management (bonus points if it’s for a Payments, B2B app or SaaS company)
- Experience in defining requirements for complex systems and interfaces between platforms and products, with a demonstrated understanding of workflows and integration architectures, including potential 3rd party integrations
- Proven experience of effectively working through the full software development lifecycle
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively, including a proven ability to work closely with remote teams
- You have experience working in a high-growth company
- Experience working with a cross-functional team across engineering, marketing, sales, customer service, and partner management
- You have a growth mindset and understand that the role could evolve as we grow - you see this as an opportunity for learning
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful results in the same or similar position at another B2B company
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K Plan
- 100% Heath Care Cover
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half-day Fridays
- Home office allowance
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.