Product Designer, Terraform
Product Designer, Terraform
Location: US or Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the most innovative companies with the infrastructure automation tools. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
As a Senior Product Designer working on Terraform, you’ll collaborate deeply with product management, engineering, as well as your fellow designers. You'll combine research and ideation to provide our users with effective solutions to complex challenges. You should be a self-starter who thinks clearly, articulates design decisions effectively, and values execution.
HashiCorp Design, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
- Collaborate early and often with engineers and product managers
- Contribute to design projects and present your work to stakeholders and customers
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) informed by user and market research
- Distill complicated problems and complex data models into highly usable and efficient UI experiences
- Collaborate with other designers to build and maintain a shared design language
You may be a good fit for our team if you:
- Have a minimum 2 years of relevant experience in enterprise software
- Have experience designing tools and products for technical audiences across multiple interfaces (ideally including UIs and CLIs)
- Employ a process and have a portfolio that demonstrates this fact in both design and writing
- Clearly articulate design decisions and rationale through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops and critique
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Be familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- Understand, and have even implemented, designs in code
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
- Have experience with data visualization
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end users and customers
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
- Listening to understand
- Explaining complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Humility, reflectiveness, and a growth mindset
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.