Product Designer II, Networking
Product Designer II, Consul
Location: US or Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises deploy infrastructure and applications. We provide many of the most innovative and trusted companies with tools to automate their migration to cloud. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
As a Product Designer working on Consul, you’ll collaborate tightly with product management, engineering, as well as designers and researchers to design a mesh networking experience. You'll combine research and ideation to provide our technical users with effective solutions to complex challenges. You will have a focus on execution and customer value and impact.
HashiCorp Design, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
- Collaborate early and often with engineers and product managers on user experience challenges across the UI, CLI, and API
- Distill complicated problems and complex data models into highly usable and efficient UI experiences
- Lead design projects beginning to end, including facilitating design sprints/workshops and presenting your work to stakeholders, customers, and open-source users
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) informed by user and market research
- Collaborate with other designers to build and maintain a shared design language
You may be a good fit for our team if you:
- Have a minimum 4 years of product design experience
- Have experience designing and/or using developer tools
- Employ a process and have a portfolio that demonstrates this fact in both design and writing
- Clearly articulate design decisions and rationale through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops and critique
- Think in systems and patterns
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Be familiar with service mesh networking and microservices architectures
- Understand, and have even implemented, designs in code
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
- Have experience with data visualization
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.