User Experience Researcher (Bangkok-based)
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
We only scratched the surface. The online travel industry is an extremely dynamic and competitive space. Our aim is to deliver compelling designs that create a world-class customer experience. You will have a key role in defining the future of our products that reach millions of customers. Despite our size, we operate in a startup-like environment.
Work in the heart of Asia. This is an amazing opportunity if you're looking for an exciting adventure abroad while expanding your international research capabilities. You get a chance to live in one of the most beautiful and most visited cities in the world!
This position is open to worldwide candidates and we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right question
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with many stakeholders including product management, data science, design, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways that inspire action from stakeholders
- Develop and innovate new methods/tools for gathering user insights at scale
- Manage through ambiguity, work autonomously, and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Provide mentorship to more junior user researchers on the team as they support collaborative research efforts and execute independent projects
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Social Science, or any related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (metrics, A/B tests, survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- Experience evaluating, negotiating, and working with external research vendors
- Be able to describe user problems/opportunities to a variety of stakeholders by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.