Lead content product manager
Remote - Estonia
Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? We’re setting ambitious goals for our Drops content and we need a skilled Content Product Owner with big ideas and execution skills to further develop the content domain. Sounds like you? Read on as you might just be the perfect fit for our new Lead content manager opportunity here at Drops!
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning and weʼre very much on the way there! Our app has been live on the App Store for over 4 years, covering 41 languages, serving 25 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many more. In short, weʼre a tiny but very powerful team spread mostly across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! The founders are involved in everyday implementation, strategy and support, working with the team on innovative ideas to shift the needle in the language learning space. Check us out and see what you think: http://drops.app.link/
What you’ll be working on:
- Lead the content team to define and develop the content vision, content strategy and the content development roadmap
- Assuming the role of Content Product Owner, manage the content backlog, create actionable user stories and subtasks, and focus on adding value to our users
- Drive content development efforts while aligning milestones with commercial and product development teams
- Work closely with engineers, designers, QA testers, support and marketing on improving the content experience
- Utilise insights across the company, incl. qualitative and quantitative sources, to help inform the direction of the content strategy
- Mentor more junior content managers
- Help refine and improve content development processes and tools
- Gather and manage content feedback through surveys, testing, analytics, A/B testing
- Monitor and report on content metrics the ensure the highest impact prioritisation
🦹♀️ 🦹♂️ About you:
You're a mix of a language nerd (who understands the complexity of inter-linguistic relations and limitations and who has experience with translation projects) and a super efficient product manager (who has experience in working with digital products and understands how a stellar content strategy can not only supplement, but ultimately enhance a user-centric product approach).
Are you a world-class content creator, copywriter, social media whiz? Scroll to the bottom. ⬇️
What you’ll bring along:
- 3+ years experience in content production management.
- Strong experience managing complex processes, schedules and budgets.
- Experience working with translators and voice talents.
- High level of attention to detail, organization, and the ability to implement concepts.
- Self-organisation and excellent communication skills
- Experience with a metrics-focussed approach to measuring success.
- Being comfortable working alone and autonomously in a remote environment.
- Experience working with engineering and technical leadership.
- Hands-on can-do approach combined with strategic wiring.
- Bonus points for experience in: Education, B2B, product marketing, UX/UI, user testing language learning or gamification.
- Bonus points for experience working in an agile development process.
- Fluency in English is a must.
👀 Please include in the top of your application the answer to what 4+19 is. We're not looking to test your math skills, but we'd like to make sure you pay attention to detail and read the full job description before you apply. Also, if it is the content creation that makes your toes curl with delight, check back to our jobs page, because there will be a position open for a world-class copywriter early June.
- 🌍 All the perks of remote working
- 👥 An awesomely compact 25 person team
- 🧠 Yearly educational allowance
- 💪 Fitness allowance
- 💻 High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 36 days of holiday per year
- ✈️ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations)