Associate UX/UI Designer - 6 months
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
The Opportunity:We’re looking for an Associate UX/UI Designer to deliver digital solutions for a range of design and marketing initiatives.
This position requires a detail-oriented individual that is comfortable multi-tasking, efficiently working with systems and team members at Aviso.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What your day looks like:
The individual will be responsible for implementing designs within our various content management systems (CMS) while supporting the team with UX/UI design deliverables such as:
- Implement designs into various content update platforms
- Maintain our design system and create reusable components
- Create and organize graphic assets including icons, banners, animated images
- Create and implement landing pages within CMS
- Produce designs to meet the accessibility standards
- Contribute to UX design deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes, hi-fidelity mock-ups, and prototypes
- Support design QA effort
Your experience and skills:
- Certification/diploma/degree in UX design, interactive design, or Visual Design from a recognized institution
- 1-3 years professional UX experience
- An up-to-date online portfolio featuring web /interface design and UX
- Some experience working with content management system, prototypes and hi-fidelity mockups
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Invision, Figma, Sketch, DreamWeaver
- Strong visual design skills for web interfaces including responsive and mobile design
- Strong technical skills – MS office suite, experience or ability to quickly learn various content update platforms that are required to publish designed content, such as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Wordpress, WalkMe, Pardot, Dialog Insights, Sharepoint
- Solid knowledge of design principles, responsive web design, user centric design processes, accessibility and usability methodologies
- Ability to quickly visualize and communicate concepts through sketching or other rapid design methods
- Nice to have - research tools like Google Analytics, Mouseflow or CrazyEgg
- Proactive, fast learner
- Highly collaborative, efficient, organized, able to follow instructions.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work within established deadlines and time constraints
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage and deliver multiple tasks and requests
- Ability to maintain internal client relationships
- Ability to handle constructive feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some knowledge of financial services is an asset
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of current UX/UI technologies and trends
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $95 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso Wealth is owned by Credit Union Centrals, The Co-operators / CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at 150 credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Direct Investing, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso Wealth also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. We have operations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal with a regional office in Winnipeg. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.