Product Analyst - Pricing & Telematics
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Overview of the Business Intelligence team
You will join the team at a very exciting time, with Business Intelligence establishing itself as a key part of the company. The mission of the BI team at Zego is to deliver relevant and reliable information aimed at the right people at the right time to facilitate rapid and effective decision making. It is a small (but growing!), tight and dynamic team, responsible for all the aspects related to data, including making data available, data cleaning, extraction, problem formulation, definition of success metrics, reporting and deep-dive analytics.
Purpose of the role
We are seeking a passionate Product Analyst with a true passion for data. You will use it to help create actionable information, prompt the right questions, spot trends and ultimately support our key strategic initiatives. To succeed in this role, you will have a strong technical background, feel confident engaging various stakeholders and be able to operate in an unstructured environment.
You will focus on pricing - a key component in our product offering - as well as the exciting data-rich area of telematics, working with other BI colleagues and business stakeholders, to make our products as good as they can be!
What you will be working on
- You will join us at a very exciting time, embedding crucial knowledge about the performance of our new telematics product and help improve the overall performance of our portfolio
- You will intimately get to know our pricing strategies, across B2C and B2B, and how price changes influence performance trends
- You will carry out reporting, analysis and generate proactive recommendations to improve our products and identify growth opportunities or threats
- You will support the Business Intelligence Pricing & Telematics lead to improve the sharing of knowledge in this crucial area of the business. You will support cross functional product-focussed teams alongside Product, Engineering, Pricing, Data Science and Customer Success to help prioritise new products and constantly improve customer experiences
- You will make data available and accessible to internal and external stakeholders through ETL processes and by partnering with the BI Tech and Data Engineering teams
What you will need to be successful
- You have worked in business intelligence or analytics teams, and have experience in tracking business performance and product analytics. You have previous experience at a fast-growing startup, InsurTech or FinTech
- You know how to build engaging dashboards (we use Looker), have advanced Excel skills and confidently use web analytics tools, such as GA/GTM or Amplitude. You have advanced SQL skills, understand DB architectures and can write scalable, future-proof code
- You are great at solving problems (not just ones that involve numbers!) and can meet tight deadlines and ambitious start-up goals
- You have great stakeholder management skills, you are able to prioritise a long list of requests into a work plan and manage expectations along the way. You are team-centred, thrive off collaborating and enjoy working with others
- You ideally have experience with insurance (particularly telematics) products or product pricing models
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.