About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
As Amplitude’s first Product Analyst, you will work closely with the Product Leadership Team, Product Managers and cross-functional partners to help Amplitude make data-driven decisions about our products. You will help define the long-term strategy of product analytics at Amplitude and be involved in everything from deep dive analyses for our c-suite, to how we instrument and manage our internal taxonomy, to informing key product decisions with exploratory analysis.
As a Product Analyst, you will:
- Conduct deep dive analyses into our product metrics and focus areas to surface actionable insights
- Drive our weekly, monthly and quarterly strategic metrics processes
- Act as a data-driven thought partner to our Product Managers and Product Leadership team
- Identify insights and opportunities through exploratory analysis, including assessing trends, cohorts, funnels, and user flows
- Drive consistency within our internal instrumentation and taxonomy to ensure we have the right data foundations and tracking in place
- Leverage our Data Management tools within Amplitude to develop and enforce best-in class standards and governance plans for the long-term maintenance of our internal product taxonomy
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- You have 4+ years of experience in product analytics, conducting quantitative analysis on large datasets, or an equivalent analytical role
- You are well versed in SQL. Python and other languages are nice to have
- You are deeply analytical with a strong product intuition
- You can tell a stories through data that can drive multiple stakeholders to decisions
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- You are detail oriented, but don’t get stuck in the details -- you know when/how to make good assumptions
- You have experience developing and managing product taxonomies
- You are familiar with or have used Amplitude in the past
- You are humble, positive and customer-obsessed
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.