Head of Product, Monetization and Financials
Make global money movement programmable.
We’re solving a very hard problem: making global money movement simple and programmable. In this role, you will lead and manage a team of product managers responsible for driving product strategy and execution for monetization at Stripe.
About the role and the team:
Monetization enables Stripe’s business models at scale, building the platforms that enable us to sell, price, collect revenue, report on, and develop insights into Stripe’s business, across our entire product suite. It includes our teams that handle pricing, cost modeling, billing, tax assessment & reporting, financials, and company-level business tracking and insights.
As the Head of Product for monetization at Stripe, you’ll be responsible for leading the development of our monetization APIs, products, systems, and user experiences. You’ll work closely with customers, our product teams like Connect, Issuing, Terminal, Billing, and Radar, as well as our application and dashboard teams to design and build our payment abstractions and systems. You’ll be paired with engineering teams in SF and Seattle and collaborate with our global engineering teams in Dublin and Singapore.
Our ideal product lead has managed technical products or large-scale platforms, is obsessed with solving for user needs, has an extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, has great business and analytical skills, and is equally excited about 99.9999% reliability and beautiful product UX & APIs. You’d be trusted with operating a non-trivial portion of the world’s economy.
- Scope product requirements and roadmap for global expansion of Stripe’s products
- Work directly with customers and financial partners to understand their needs and how we can solve for them
- Define the platform interfaces that power many Stripe products as well as the products that our end-users experience directly
- Develop multi-year vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product area
- Manage and scale an impactful team of product managers
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 15+ years of product management experience in fast growing teams
- Experience working on technical platforms
- Experience directly managing and developing a team of PMs
- Ability to dive deep into the technical details of the product and APIs
- Ability to organize and concisely communicate vast amounts of complexity
- Experience with payments-related products or with technical platforms
- A whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that your product and team are successful
- A strong business and analytical focus