Associate Product Manager, Growth
New York City
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the Team
MongoDB is focused on driving sustainable exponential growth and unlocking new business opportunities to maintain it. The Growth team is committed to expanding our product portfolio’s reach by testing hypotheses and experimenting within our Cloud Products and across the full customer experience.
About the Role
Product Managers on the Growth team work side-by-side with design, engineering, and analytics to develop solutions that our users love and that work for the business. You’ll spend your time deeply understanding customer problems, developing hypotheses, and validating them with design solutions. If you’re doing well, you will continuously be accelerating the rate at which our users learn, build, and deliver their products.
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Marketing, Engineering, and Sales to formulate hypotheses and turn them into high-quality solutions that our customers will use or buy and work for the business
- Identify user needs and pains, barriers to adoption, and business opportunities through a combination of research, feedback collection, and competitive analysis, and share your learnings with your colleagues
- Understand and improve critical funnels and metrics. You’re passionate about the business impact of your work, and you’ll work collaboratively with your colleagues to maximize it
- Drive execution against our plan-making trade-offs, anticipating needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication
- Passion for MongoDB and solving problems for a developer audience
- You have a growth mentality and can execute at a fast pace, focusing on user experience, impact, and learning
- Ability to think big and small - you should be comfortable whiteboard a completely new experience or optimizing an existing product You’ll learn when to do which. You can initiate and work concurrently on multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, enabling you to bridge gaps and collaborate across design, engineering, marketing, sales, customer support, and users
- Data and business-minded. You deeply understand why our products work for our customers and how to measure long-term impact
- 3+ years of experience in an operator role (engineering, product design, product analytics, business intelligence) or 1+ years of experience in a Product Management or Strategy role
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or express.