Product Marketing Manager
What we do:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help shape and drive our product and go-to-market strategies. As the Product Marketing Manager you will help define Unite Us’ product marketing vision and strategy for our products and work cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing to implement it. You will regularly collaborate with product managers, customer success. It's a role that calls for balance and requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
You will be responsible for identifying and sizing target markets, developing clear positioning and messaging, launching new products and solutions, enabling sales, and executing programs to drive pipeline and revenue. You will be the product evangelist and will also play an integral role in organizing product launches. Additionally, you will know the industry landscape well and back up your plans with strategic insights and market evidence; using that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
This role will be in constant collaboration with the marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand while aligning (and supporting) our go-to-market strategy.. An attention to detail and an eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve problems. You track performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
What you’ll Do
- Market intelligence—be the expert on the industries that we work with; understand the who, what, why and overall purchase decision and process
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate within our industry while having the ability to distill messaging about our products internally
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as a thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- At least 5+ years of healthcare (specialty in either payer, provider, state govt) experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project Mgt Software, Asana
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot, Pardot, and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a strong writer.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is remote based, excluding Colorado
- This position requires 30% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.