Senior Product Marketing Manager
Mountain View, CA
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.Learn more about Udacity's Values Students First - Better Together - Entrepreneurial - Data Driven - Candid and Direct - Talent Obsessed
You will be the voice of the consumer across your work within Marketing and with Product and other cross-functionals. You’re a strategic thinker with a strong bias for action, excited for the wins you achieve with the team as much as on your own. You find the mission, fast pace and opportunity for impact exciting. If this sounds like you, read on.
- Develop positioning and messaging for new products and features, considering value proposition, audience needs, market landscape, and other factors.
- Shape and execute go-to-market plans, collaborating closely with Product, Data and other Marketing partners (Creative, PR, Content/SEO, Assisted Sales, Partnerships, channel owners) to drive product awareness, adoption and retention. Includes partnering with channel owners on testing and optimization.
- Drive integration of brand strategy in the Consumer business, partnering with Creative and the broader Consumer team in bringing the brand to life across the Consumer touch points.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights from research, industry trends and competitive intel to inform go-to-market plans and product development, keeping in mind the connection needed with Udacity’s Enterprise and Government businesses - all in service of one brand.
- Input on Consumer business needs in annual planning, brand strategy and other strategic Marketing-wide work.
What we value:
- 8+ years work experience including Product Marketing. Ideally also includes significant time in a start-up environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a solid sense of ownership and urgency.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to make our products world-beating commercial successes.
- Willing and able to roll up one’s sleeves as an individual contributor and also influence and leverage corporate resources.
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Creative, innovative, and always thinks outside the box.
- Metric-driven with excellent analytical and project management skills.