Senior Product Marketing Manager, Europe
Wise (formerly TransferWise) was founded in 2011 with a clear mission - money without borders — so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
In 2011 we launched a money transfer service enabling customers to send money around the world with the real exchange rate and without the crazy bank fees. In 2017 we launched our multi-currency account and debit card in Europe. With this account, people and businesses manage all their currencies in a single account, pay and get paid around the world with the real exchange rate and the low, transparent fees Wise is known for.
Now, 10 years on, over 10 million customers have trusted us to manage their money and we move over £5 billion around the world every single month.
We’re building a world-class product marketing team to own the launch and adoption of Wise products across global markets and we’re looking for a stand-out Senior Product Marketing Manager for Europe to join the team in London, Tallinn or Budapest.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious go-getter who’ll form the foundation of our Europe product marketing squad. To start with they’ll play a strong individual contributor role, helping us figure out how to blow the roof of product adoption in our key western European markets; then figure out how we structure and hire a team to support the rest of Europe. If successful, we expect this person to have additional Europe PMMs reporting to them within 6-12 months.
The Senior PMM, Europe will own the messaging, positioning and go-to-market strategy for Western Europe, with a focus on Germany, Spain, France and Italy. They’ll be embedded in the Europe product team, working on discovery initiatives to drive growth and directly influence the product roadmap. They’ll be responsible for launching new products to customers throughout the region, and run campaigns and experiments on landing pages, owned channels and in-product to drive adoption of existing products to new and existing customers.
The Senior PMM, Europe will know our Europe customers inside out and understand their needs, pain points, and use cases. They’ll test and iterate on our messaging to figure out what resonates most effectively with our key customer segments, and help marketing channel owners optimise on targeting, messaging, and segmentation. They’ll own localised messaging across owned channels for lifecycle marketing and cross-sell, to email make sure all Wise customers in Europe understand and use all our products to the best advantage for their use case.
We’re looking for candidates with experience in the region to push boundaries, drive growth, and help us build the vision for the team in Europe. For the right person it’s a career-defining opportunity to launch and grow some of the most exciting fintech products in Europe, and solve challenging customer problems for people with multi-currency needs.
Specifically the Senior PMM, Europe will:
- Develop the value proposition, messaging frameworks and positioning for products in our primary European markets — Germany, Spain, France, and Italy — as well as Switzerland and the Nordic countries
- Improve our messaging and design experiments to increase landing page conversion for European markets
- Run scalable product marketing tests in-product and on owned channels to drive cross-sell
- Partner with PMs, and UX Research on Discovery to influence product roadmap
- Launch new products and features to drive growth
- Work closely with marketing channel owners to optimise campaigns and unlock growth from new customer segments
- Maintain and communicate product release roadmap with wider company
- Work closely with and mentor other marketers based in the region
- Work closely with Product Marketing Managers in UK, U.S., and Singapore, sharing experience and learning, reporting to the Global Head of Product Marketing in London
Your required skills:
- Proven successful experience in a product marketing role, driving product adoption in either the German, Spanish, or French markets
- Required language skills: Fluent in English (written and spoken to native standard), and either German, Spanish, or French being essential
- You have successfully launched new products and features for a consumer technology company, ideally a scale-up
- Experience designing and running landing page tests to improve conversion
- Responsible for running experiments on owned channels including email, push, and in-product
- You have owned and run hands-on customer insights work (comfortable running interviews, focus groups, surveys), and are highly customer-centric
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — you can distill complex products into a simple, easy to understand narrative
- Strong analytical skills, have experience with Looker / Tableau or other data analytics tools, bonus if you can write SQL
- You’re a self-starter with natural drive to get things done and work cross-team
- You’re a quality champion — you naturally obsess about the detail of every word, image, and pixel of your marketing output
- A genuine passion and interest in contributing to our mission, we’re not looking for someone just to do the job, but to help us change the way the world moves money
- We can not offer sponsorship so you must have legal right to work in UK or the EU
Salary: to be discussed
Stock options in a profitable company, we like to make sure all our Wisers own a part of our success so we have a stock option package for you too. This could be between £48,000 worth of Wise Ltd share options at the date of grant by the Board.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year
- Private medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Dog lovers can bring their dog to the office!
- Please see the full list of our benefits here
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover letter. We love a great covering letter. It’s your opportunity to show us your communication skills, your passion and your understanding of the Wise product.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.