VP, Global Product Marketing
We are a group of creative technologists that live at the intersection of engineering and storytelling. From producing a video tutorial to composing a complex demo, we love crafting content that connects the what, how, and why of our product stack in an authentic and engaging way. Whether it’s a minor release or a new product launch, we drive all aspects of the go-to-market strategy — from defining the core message to getting the company enabled and aligned on it. Product management brings products to life, we bring them to market.
Reports to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
We're looking to add a new node to our cluster, focusing on defining and driving the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for all Elastic Products and Solutions. This VP is responsible for all aspects of product marketing in service to our go-to-market efforts, including market segmentation, messaging and positioning, vertical messaging, competitive differentiation, content creation, field enablement, and analyst relations. You will work closely with Elastic product managers, engineering, sales and all aspects of the marketing function to align and communicate Elastic's vision across markets, users, prospects, customers, and partners in service to generating awareness for cloud, our platform and solutions while creating pipeline. Success criteria include market expansion, internal and external validation, pipeline creation and customer success that translates into recurring revenue for Elastic. This person is the lynchpin inside of marketing and is critical to the company’s success.
- Provides thought leadership around market trends and competing solutions.
- Understands the process and rigor required to develop outcome-based and use case-based messaging and content that aligns to our corporate messaging, by solution, by industry and by persona.
- Brings excellent leadership and teamship to the company, interfaces effectively with Product, Engineering, Sales and Marketing
- Is the expert on target personas and segments, how customers buy and users adopt our products, and the value they derive from them.
- Understands the power of community in an open source environment
- Has experience in developing messaging for multiple audiences, including IT Decision-makers, that can be adapted across various channels, social, web, events, etc.
- Defines end-to-end go-to-market plans with measurable KPIs against key goals; reporting on key initiatives at the company level.
- Clearly articulates Elastic’s position and differentiation vs similar offerings. Be the expert on competitive capabilities.
- Leads our solutions and product strategy for community, events, and analyst relations
- Create, curate, and present compelling content and demos for consumption on the web, in press releases, executive briefings, blogs and sales enablement
- Represents the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, and press interviews.
- Leads a growing, senior Elastic PMM team including hiring and development of talent.
What You Will Bring
Being successful will require you to bring to Elastic relevant domain expertise - proven industry experience in cloud technologies, search, infrastructure monitoring, DevOps and related technologies. Familiarity with Elastic technology is a plus. In detail, we would love to hear from you if you have:
- Well-respected leader who has built, scaled and lead global teams consisting of 30-40 people within a Product Marketing and Technical Marketing function
- Experience leading outbound product initiatives focused on enterprise customers with complex requirements.
- Experience leading product marketing collaborating with other functions across marketing, sales, and partner organizations.
- Creative energy, courage to throw out the playbook, and out of the box thinking, someone who is a visionary and can help contribute to the company’s roadmap.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Experienced public speaker.
- Technically savvy with regards to our products, solutions, industries we play in or capable of learning very quickly
- Comfortable working in a very cross functional role with a highly distributed team
- One or more domain relevant experiences is a plus (Cloud, Search, Observability, Security, OpenSource)
- Sales Enablement experience is a must