Senior Manager, Growth Strategy and Profitability
Senior Manager, Growth Strategy and Profitability
Profit Management is focused on steering growth strategy and analytics across Wayfair’s categories, by leveraging highly quantitative business analytics and cutting-edge data science techniques. This role will specifically manage Wayfair’s profitability via dynamic pricing, product exposure, and supplier incentive structures for our flagship brand (Wayfair.com). This individual will have a customer-obsessed, analytical mindset with a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and a desire to drive high impact decisions with executive-level visibility.
The successful candidate will define, develop, and execute against a long-term vision for the Wayfair platform. This will include managing price levels, developing custom pricing frameworks and strategies, determining what ways our philosophy and systems need to adjust to achieve long-term goals, and working cross-functionally with teams across the company.
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive 12-24 month Pricing Strategy roadmap including:
- Amendmending our pricing philosophy to help Wayfair achieve long-term goals
- Managing and solutioning customized pricing strategies
- Determining and evolving our level of price investments
- Partnering with Data Science teams to analyze, measure, and incorporate customer demand response to price changes into our systems
- Managing direct reports and collectively attacking agenda
- Prioritizing efforts and opportunity areas by ROI
- Work cross-functionally to influence the profitability impact of other levers including sort exposure, operations, supplier incentive structures, etc.
- Conduct rigorous analytics leveraging tests and experimental data to uncover growth opportunities
- Responsible for price levels, margin topology, and related strategic projects
- Core pricing representative for Wayfair’s largest Vertical (Furniture & Decor)
- Partner with Category Management to evaluate system gaps and address needs
- Communicate Wayfair’s pricing strategy and philosophy across the organization
- Act as holistic thought partner and pricing leader to the Vertical
- Proactively drive understanding of how current macro and Wayfair-specific events impact the P&L, leveraging company and market data
- Manage change by bringing customer, supplier, and operational empathy to decision making
- Influence the technology agenda across systems & platforms necessary to enable business-line specific requirements
- Advise / communicate pricing strategic initiatives for the executive team
Ideal Qualities and Experience:
- 6+ years of work or 1+ year of post MBA experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, or strategy roles
- MBA preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus
- Experience leading analytical, consulting, or other client-facing teams including managing direct reports, making resourcing decisions, developing others, etc.
- Strong communication skills – ability to summarize and share results with executives
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand how various parts of the business interact, strong understanding of ecommerce P&L, and can identify and approach problems from a customer perspective
- Ability to learn and act quickly, make decisions and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity
- Intellectually curious, high energy, with a strong work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced, high stakes team environment
- Technical in nature; Advanced Excel skills; Experience with SQL, Google Big Query or Python is a plus but not required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.