Staff Product Designer, Flex
London, United Kingdom
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Product Designer to contribute to the design of customer experiences for our Flex Communications Platform. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design the experience of our platform that is used by customer service staff to connect with their customers.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our standards, and be comfortable applying a holistic, human-centered approach to their work.
Twilio is seeking a Staff Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates strong technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 6+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
As a Product Designer supporting the Flex team, you will live our Twilio Values, and be able to:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Engage with our customers to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Be an Owner: Own and advance the vision for our communication platforms. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results, and coach members to ensure goals are met.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently. Break down complex problems, write and test hypotheses, craft success measures, and thoughtfully iterate from “minimal lovable” to mature, best-in-class product experiences.
- Empower Others + Don’t Settle: Collaborate with and mentor other Product Designers, providing accurate, constructive, and motivating guidance that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Lead Design Critiques that ensure consistency across Twilio products and uplevel our standards. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Twilio is powering the future of communications. As part of this mission, Flex is fulfilling a critical role in the rapidly changing communications and customer service industry, providing Twilio customers with a cloud-based, programmable contact centre solution that can be customized to meet their needs and the needs of their customers. The Flex team is working with other business units at Twilio to craft the contact centre experience of tomorrow, enabling agents to switch seamlessly and efficiently between communications channels, meeting the customer in need wherever they are, however they want to make contact.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our London office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.