Product Designer, Product Design
Remote US (West Coast)
We’re looking for a multi-faceted designer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design user journeys and mockups for new features and redesign existing ones.
- Partner to run feature definition cycles to uncover user needs, set business goals, design solution prototypes, and sketch out iterative release plans.
- Track performance of key user journeys quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Conduct user research to validate feature directions that meet user needs.
- Pair with engineers, designers, and product managers to develop prototypes or provide design feedback on production code.
- Work within a defined design system and design new components as needed.
- Ensure high-level of visual design and user experience quality on an assigned area of the product.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- UX and product design skills.
- Knowledge of using composable, responsive design systems.
- Passion for creating practical solutions to complex problems
- Ability to plan and conduct user research with compelling examples of how to apply insights into products quickly.
- Entrepreneurial mindset where you’ll do whatever the product team needs to drive growth.
Bonus Points If You:
- Have familiarity with highly technical products including developer tools and/or cloud computing.
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc).
- Want to develop front-end development skills
- Have a strong sense of good aesthetics and visual design trends.
- Enjoy board games.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We are 100% a remote-first company, supporting remote work throughout the United States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA), Canada, the UK, Germany, and Italy. If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state.
Interview Process All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.