Senior Product Designer, Public Companies
New York, New York, United States
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be working with a diverse team of designers, product managers, and engineers in a team that is responsible for product offerings for public companies at Carta. Carta's public product presents an opportunity to serve an increasing shift in the appetite of private companies to go public. We believe that with a competitive public offering we can keep Carta's customers on Carta as they go public, provide access to liquidity and match their wealth management needs with Carta product offerings. We are a humble, collaborative team that is passionate about solving difficult problems by helping users navigate through complexity.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Through customer insights and competitive analysis, we know that our current public product is missing critical features and has subpar user experience, forcing existing clients to go look elsewhere. In 2021, the public markets team is putting our focus on building these missing features, improving our participant experience and building a competitive product to retain our largest companies on Carta Public. Beyond 2021, we envision the Public product to tap into the Carta network and provide value to stakeholders. This could happen in multiple ways – from access to private market assets via CartaX to financial advisory services through partnerships and more.
The design team collaborates with our product and engineering teams to develop and build customer-facing workflows that drive interaction with our transaction platform as well as help define requirements for complex, large-scale initiatives. We have a wide spectrum of users who range in equity IQ, hence crafting user-focused experiences is a key focus of our team.
Additionally you will:
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data to uncover customer insights and influence strategy to help define and execute the roadmap
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and testing for your features
- Participate in weekly design workshops and act as a mentor for junior designers
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and application
We are looking for a strong designer to envision the future of equity management for public companies. Someone who can drive strategy, ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you. In addition, we’re prioritizing:
- 5-7 years of experience leading design on Product Design team for desktop or mobile
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
- Deep understanding of how to prototype at the appropriate degrees of fidelity to solicit clear customer feedback
- Experience designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.