Senior Product Designer, Financial Infrastructure
San Francisco, California, United States
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
The newly formed Financial Infrastructure team has the audacious goal of empowering all the users across our network--companies, investors, employees, etc.--to move money seamlessly in our product. This spans everything from helping an employee send money to exercise their options to helping investors call capital from their limited partners. It’s a big goal, but one that provides both value to our users and our many business lines.
Financial Infrastructure is made up of Money Movement, Banking Solutions and Financial Data Aggregation. Ideal candidates are at ease with rapid iterative launching while building towards north star goals in business areas with tremendous growth potential. Our vision is for seamless, friction-free money movement and banking tools throughout the Carta ecosystem.
This is a senior IC role with high autonomy with likelihood of growing into design leadership / management.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As a Product Designer working with the Financial infrastructure team, you will:
- Leverage user research, rapid prototyping, and data insights to identify ways to improve the Financial Infrastructure team’s products and user experiences.
- Understand the transactional banking space deeply - be passionate about emerging trends.
- Collaborate across multiple business and cross-functional stakeholders. The Financial Infrastructure team works closely with our Investor Services product offering as well as our Data, Corporations, Carta-X, and Shareholder Experience teams.
- Understand design, engineering, product, and business requirements that underpin complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Leverage our design system (Ink) to bring your designs to life alongside our front end engineers. Inspire, influence and contribute back to the Ink design system.
The Impact You’ll Have
Working with the Financial Infrastructure team offers product designers a unique experience to create simplicity out of confusion and see how data can be leveraged across the entire Carta network for good. You’ll tackle tricky design problems and think through complex interactions to deliver important money and banking workflows to companies, investors, and employees.
Successful Carta product designers:
- Understand Scope & Complexity: Leverages design experience to simplify complex problems to their essential elements. Knows how to create simple and elegant design solutions to complicated problems.
- Design Craft & Quality: Creates high quality solutions to problems. Understands how to move problems through the ideation, iteration, and shipping cycle. Has the tools and frameworks to deliver best-in-class design solutions.
- Autonomy & Leadership: Doesn’t stay stuck. When faced with difficult challenges finds a way to keep moving things forward. Maybe that means finding helpful data or trying a new approach. Design isn’t static, it’s constant motion and this designer doesn’t need to be given directions.
- Communication & Collaboration: Works well across stakeholder groups of all backgrounds: sales, marketing, engineering, product, etc. Communicates why design decisions were made and how they help deliver great user experiences.
- Vision & Strategy: In addition to understanding a user’s problems today, Carta product designers also have an eye to the future: what will a user want in a year? In 5 years? How can we constantly challenge ourselves to innovate?
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.