Product Manager - Data
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Learnosity’s mission is to power better student outcomes in every learning product in the world, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We’re looking for talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity, we have built a cloud-based API toolkit to help educators build learning platforms that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make for our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our API toolkit.
We have been growing steadily for over 10 years; we already power some of the world’s leading learning platforms and publishers, and since July 2020 we have had more than 40 million learners taking assessments through our platform.
We are searching for the next Product Manager - Data to join our team.
This is a full-time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team based in Sydney and worldwide. Currently most of the workforce is fully remote, transitioning to a hybrid model, and this position will be hired remotely. Our return to office policy is being updated as government guidelines change. You’ll be collaborating with the Group Product Manager and Product, Analytics, Platform and Infrastructure teams.
The role is focused on optimizing our backend data systems and processes and is best suited to a technically capable and self-motivated individual. As such, you will:
- Inspire and direct a skilled backend team to
- Research, validate and champion the data integration needs of external and internal clients
- Make data accessible with flexible, scalable solutions that address those client needs
- Continually measure, understand and improve the reliability and efficiency of our public Data APIs and internal data management systems
- Use our company strategy and technology group objectives as a bedrock to create a backend data product vision, which you will then break down into manageable agile iterations to develop and deliver with your engineering team.
- Manage competing initiatives by evaluating customer value/effort/urgency and prioritizing for maximum value.
- Manage “Business as Usual” for our existing backend data product stack, ensuring resolution of bugs raised and regular upgrades are actioned as required
- Define the scope of work across different phases of product development projects, ensuring we build, measure and learn
- Devise, collect and measure key product metrics against goals to inform the success of initiatives and plan product iterations accordingly
- Manage day to day product management tasks within a backend data team
- Develop deep product knowledge and insight into the broader Learnosity product suite
- Communicate across the business to stakeholders, eliciting input, updating on project status’ and promoting changes upon release
Experience and Skills
- At least 3 years experience in a product or technical role, ideally focussed on the design, management and support of public API products - RESTful, SOAP, data streaming or similar
- Experience managing complex technology projects with multiple internal and customer stakeholders in a scale-up or enterprise environment
- Experience with enterprise system integrations, data migrations, ETL and/or pull and push patterns
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL, data modelling and basic DB maintenance
It would be great if you had one or more of these, too:
- Fluent with at least one backend programming language - PHP, Java, Go, Python, Ruby, C/C++ or similar.
- Familiarity with public cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise data warehousing architectures
- Experience using production monitoring systems in a Product, Engineering, Support, DevOps, Infrastructure or similar role
- Experience with B2B cloud SaaS products
We are a values-based company, and our 4 core values are the basis for how we work and what we do every day. Being a part of the Learnosity team means that you’ll get to join us in living out these values:
- We live to learn
- We aim higher
- We do the right thing
- Our success is better shared
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new techniques, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We are keen to try and maximize the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or daycare run, avoid busy commute periods, have a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Our benefits package includes:
- 20 days Annual Leave
- Your own Annual Learning Budget
- Flexible work practices
- Generous paid parental leave
- Team social budgets
- Career support
Learnosity is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce will enhance our ability to fulfil our mission of advancing education and ed-tech in general.
Find out more about your career at Learnosity at learnosity.com/careers/
Salary & package dependent on experience.
Please only contact us if you are a candidate interested in applying for this role. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply - No Recruiters Please.