UX Researcher, Transportation
Posted 1 week ago
UX Research Manager
Boston, MA, United States
We are looking for a self-directed, analytical, and creative individual with a passion for transforming operational and informational complexities into highly-intuitive processes and digital solutions.
Your immersive approach to understanding context, empathizing with user needs, and prioritizing business outcomes leads you to targeted and efficient research planning and execution, making sure we are solving the right problems at the right time in the best way possible.
As a Wayfair UX Researcher focused on transportation and delivery within our supply chain network, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class professionals. Our culture is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. The work we do has a satisfying and meaningful impact on our customers, our partners, and our associates.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for UX research
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment and responsibilities within multiple teams/projects
- Acute business sensibilities to efficiently plan, execute, communicate, and mobilize targeted research within real-world settings
- Ability to effectively present and translate qualitative data into potential actions that improve user experience and meet business goals
- An effortlessly collaborative approach to solving the unique challenges of a world-class logistics network, partnering with our valued drivers, warehouse associates, suppliers, engineers, operations and product managers, designers, and content strategists
- Adaptability to change and creativity to evolve plans
What you’ll do:
- Raise the bar for UX Research at Wayfair
- Refine and develop best practices and protocols for research techniques specific to the context of supply chain tools and processes
- Serve as a critical ambassador for UX research in the supply chain organization and throughout Wayfair
- Inspire, educate, and train teams to conduct meaningful research that will ultimately improve experiences for the entire Wayfair family
- Plan and execute processes for storing, sharing, and scaling the impact of research findings throughout Wayfair
- Mentor and partner with multi-disciplinary teams to develop research strategies based on specific context needs
- Support and influence product planning and prioritization for an exciting global logistics roadmap
- 5+ years in the user experience field where user research has been a core activity
- Degree in Human Factors, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, HCI, or related field and/or commensurate experience
- Fluency in current research tools applicable to web and mobile contexts
- Demonstrable experience with multiple usability and research methods
- Skilled execution of moderator guides, user interviews, focus groups, card sorting, contextual inquiry, usability studies, co-discovery, and surveys
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel for research within our global logistics network
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.