Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of customers across our products (Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, and now Trello, to name a few.). We’re continuing to invest heavily, in a bid to bring out the best in every team. We’re growing our design team globally and searching for hardworking, designers and design managers.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a Design Manager to join the Growth team in Sydney. A cross-product team that focuses on growth for the Atlassian product suite. This teams mission is in the seams, how we connect the value of Atlassian products, and enable how users collaborate with each other.
In this role you’ll:
- Lead and inspire others. As Manager your immediate influence is a team of designers in Growth, helping them develop their craft in all areas including Planning, Research, Visual, Interaction and UX Design.
- Work closely with product managers, engineering and other partners to define product strategy and champion the user experience in our products.
- Identifies resources, and determine methods to meet established goals and strategy.
- Steer the strategic design direction and help folks break it down into deliverable pieces.
- Support the vision to make the Growth design team the benchmark for design at Atlassian.
- Be a strong storyteller. You’ll also need strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and potential solutions to the identified problems in the most effective way.
- Encourage designers in both your team and in the wider organisation, raise the bar and set new standards.
- Help your team plan and conduct exploratory user research and effective usability tests.
- Improve design thinking of the whole product team by including other team members in the various design related activities.
- Influence and shape how we go about our work, ship product and drive the product roadmap.
To be successful, we expect you to:
- Bring previous experience of having led a design team (2 years experience in a management role preferred).
- Have a track record of delivering outcomes as a hands on Product designer. Examples of planning, and then driving product direction autonomously are essential.
- Have a strong passion for making people better. You’ll support and guide your team in constructive ways that encourage, energise, and increase their quality of work.
- Be hungry to learn and evolve in all aspects of design, product and leadership.
- Provide teams with mentorship, direction, leadership, and support necessary to ensure that they’re able to accomplish their goals.
- Lead & inspire others. You have experience and can show examples of when you gained buy-in from cross functional peers, partners and executives across a business to influence a result.
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership.
- Collaborate effectively with other functions, including engineering and product.
- Be a self-starter with an eye for detail and the ability to get to the root of the problem with a laser focus on the customer.
More about the team
First and foremost, Design managers at Atlassian are responsible for fostering and growing design talent. They’re in it for the people and get their kicks from leading others to succeed. At Atlassian, Design managers are comfortable wearing many different hats – they’re a coach, a mentor, a partner to spar work with as well as a sounding board when things get tough. They also work with product and engineering to create and define product strategy. Design managers are also directly accountable for the user experience and are the leading voice of the customer.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂