Zapier gives you internet superpowers. Connect your apps and automate tasks.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Management to lead the Growth Product team at Zapier. Zapier is on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. Interested in helping design and build a product that helps the world automate their work so they can get back to the things that matter? Then read on…
The Director of Product – Growth works with all major functions Product, Engineering, Design, Content, Marketing, PR and Analytics to lead the teams that develop scalable audience acquisition consumer experiences, data and design requirements, content strategies and SEO best practices.
You will partner closely with Marketing to ensure that the Zapier user base continues to grow, and do so while maintaining the quality expected from our 1,500+ SaaS partners. You will also help expand the overall reach of our brand, the results of which are measured through improvements in traffic, registration, and engagement.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
This isn’t your first PM rodeo. You have 7+ years of product management experience. You have proven success at a large consumer internet company w/ 5M+ visitors a month, driven largely through SEO and paid strategies to accelerate traffic and user acquisition.
You’ve managed high-functioning product teams centered on growth initiatives. You’ve hired, developed, and directly managed five or more Product Managers at varying levels of experience. You’ve worked with product teams to define success metrics, build data-driven roadmaps and track progress towards solving customer problems.
You set the vision for your team and then make it happen. You can own a problem space and set an 18+ month roadmap for how you’ll solve those problems. You know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team. You’re an evangelist for data-driven decision making. You have designed, implemented and executed on scalable processes that enable your teams to ship high-quality products quickly and efficiently.
You are efficient. You’re comfortable working at speed. You know how and when to make tradeoffs in features, speed, and staffing, and you have a good balance of the three, rather than always choosing one of these three things.
You know how to get results. Through collaboration with leaders in Marketing, Engineering, Design, and Support, you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
You are data driven. You use data to uncover opportunities and understand what levers to pull to drive business results. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects. You consider the long-term impacts of experiments and look for more than just short-term boost to metrics.
You have ample technical, design, and analytics skills. While you may or may not know how to code, you have technical skills to support yourself and your team. You use your technical context to make better, faster decisions and to minimize technical debt. You understand design patterns and can create functional specs and wireframes. You can write some SQL and use self-serve data exploration tools to support your own decision making. While you’ll have resources on your team that are experts in these areas, you can fill in the gaps whenever needed.
Things You Might Do
- Establish a shared vision and strategy for Growth across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the 5+ product development teams in our Growth/User Acquisition product pillar
- Engage extensively with customers, internal teams and external partners in order to gain first-hand insight on the business needs & opportunities
- Drive and enable your team to implement operational frameworks for best practices in SEO governance that can be applied across the company
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring our growth strategy continues to be aligned with company objectives
- Keep one eye on our fast moving market to ensure we remain well positioned.
- Drive alignment and buy-in at all levels of the company to rally everyone around your vision.
- Manage and grow a team of product managers while providing development, mentorship, and excitement to exceed team and company goals.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: United States or Canada
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 200+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂