We are the Internet privacy company that lets you take control of your information, without any tradeoffs.
We are a diverse and fully-distributed team from around the world, working toward our shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join our team as a Lead, Brand Design who is up for the challenge to lead and transform the DuckDuckGo brand experience across all of our products.
As part of our growing Design Team, you will be collaborating with team members at all levels to shape how we communicate our brand throughout the entire experience — from marketing to our search engine and privacy tools.
Using your hands-on branding skills, you will lead the entire design process of your projects, from ideation to execution. You will have a voice in all product decisions, both big and small, and an opportunity to leverage our approach to design (which you can read more about at: https://spreadprivacy.com/ethical-by-design/).
We are fully remote and seek to empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their projects. If that seems awesome and you like the idea of our core values — build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction — you’ll fit right in!
What you will do:
- Contribute to the evolution of our brand language, that speaks to our mission and creates a strong and recognizable brand.
- Lead and advise projects showcasing our brand and retaining a consistent brand message across multiple platforms: product, print, partner communication, events, advertising, and soft goods.
- Define how our brand is applied throughout both Marketing and Product in our design system.
- Mentor and provide creative direction to others, raising understanding of design’s role across the organization.
- Carry ideas forward with discretion and little direction.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create impactful work that is informed by data and user feedback.
- Engage in critique, humbly defending your work, and being transparent with your process.
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years of brand design experience with a minimum of 2+ years in relevent lead-level positions (e.g., Lead, Senior) at significant global consumer brands.
- Demonstrable strengths and hands-on experience in brand design, typography, color, and composition, having significantly contributed to the branding efforts for at least one large software or digital product.
- Exceptional creativity with a strong aesthetic sensibility and intuition.
- Proficiency with current industry design tools needed to carry out brand work.
- Ability to provide creative direction and lead difficult brand conversations with discretion and little direction.
- Understanding of design systems and their impact across product and marketing.
- Ability to collaborate in defining and evolving brand messaging, actively representing the brand voice and vision.
- Ability to write creative briefs that define and communicate project goals with stakeholders.
- Effective project management ability, paired with exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working with qualitative user research.
Other things to know:
- While we leverage specific job titles for hiring purposes, we do not use them internally. Instead, we follow our own professional levels, with expectations for each level clearly defined across several dimensions.
- We are a small, remote team distributed across time zones, and we rely on a variety of communication tools throughout the day.
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- We believe in a focused approach to collaboration, where individual team members work on a single top priority at a time, each supporting larger, company-wide objectives. This philosophy serves to impact our vision to raise the standard of trust online.
- Our work philosophy centers on empowered project management. All team members have opportunities to run projects.
- Transparency supports individual and team success at DuckDuckGo. We encourage everyone to participate in areas of interest throughout the company. Anyone and everyone can (and should) ask questions and offer feedback about our products and internal projects.
- We aim to exemplify our values (build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction) in everything we do.
- While this is a full-time job, we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expecting an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
- We support professional development of our team members through career advisory and a learning stipend, reinforcing our culture of growth and skill-building.
DuckDuckGo does not work with any recruiting agencies or services. Instead, we work with each candidate one-on-one throughout a unique hiring process that we’ve built to reflect our company culture.
DuckDuckGo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you. Use the application to apply!
To apply for this job please visit duckduckgo.com.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂