At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
We’re a group of people that love to learn, collaborate and solve large-scale problems. 2019 is a big year for us, and we’re looking for an inquisitive, curious and talented Lead Product Designer to join our team.
Your work will impact and influence the user experience of a product used by millions of people daily. As a Lead Product Designer, you will work closely with other designers, engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
If you’re a systems-thinking Lead Product Designer who’s excited to work on big, meaningful and complex problems with real-world impact, come help us make the Internet better! We’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Lead critique and review sessions – inspire the team to constantly improve.
- Understand and distill complex, broad concepts into beautiful and functional mockups and prototypes.
- Develop and present research, journey-maps, taskflows, user flows and wireframes to effectively communicate ideas.
- Think, strategize and communicate at a high-level about product vision.
- Apply your skills throughout the product life-cycle including research, sketches, wireframes, interaction and visual design through prototyping and usability testing.
- Influence and contribute to internal process and design culture.
- Share what you learn internally and with the broader public designer and developer communities.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Ability to develop and champion an open culture of design leadership based on trust.
- Clearly and effectively formulate direction and strategy for the team to build consensus.
- Demonstrated talent and passion for designing end-to-end user experiences.
- Deep empathy with, and understanding of users’ needs.
- Minimum BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in UX, Product and/or Service Design.
- 7+ years product/UX design experience.
- Previous leadership experience a plus
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂