At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
We’re a group of people who love to learn, collaborate, and solve large-scale problems. 2019 is a big year for us, and we’re looking for an inquisitive, curious, and talented Product Designer to join our team in Austin.
As a Cloudflare Product Designer, you will work closely with other designers, engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
If you’re a systems-thinking Product Designer who’s excited to work on big, meaningful, and complex problems with real-world impact, come help us make the Internet better! We’d love to hear from you. We require a portfolio link to be submitted with your application so our team can review your work and get a feel for your design process. Thank you for taking the time to submit it.
What you’ll do
- Understand and distill complex, broad concepts into beautiful and functional mockups and prototypes.
- Develop and present high-level research, journey-maps, task-flows, and wireframes to effectively communicate ideas.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers, and other stakeholders to craft useful, delightful product experiences.
- Apply your skills throughout the product life-cycle including research, sketches, wireframes, interaction, and visual design through prototyping and usability testing.
- Influence and contribute to internal process and design culture.
- Share what you learn internally and with the broader public designer and developer communities.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated talent and passion for designing end-to-end user experiences.
- Deep empathy with, and understanding of, users’ needs.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in UX, Product and/or Service Design.
- Portfolio required for review.
- This role is based in Austin.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂