At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. We are working to reshape cities to be built around people, not cars.
As a product designer at Lyft, you will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensure design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you will lead and own an experience for our product teams.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of leading teams and projects to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, and are able to take the lead on a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high quality bar and have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
Lyft’s Bikes and Scooters team is a new division and operates as a startup within the larger organization. You will be expected to roll up your sleeves and hustle. We are moving fast, innovating, and operating with ambiguity. You should be self motivated and flexible to lend a hand as new obstacles arise.
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner with product and engineering to define the future of the team.
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes.
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table.
- Leading design reviews and manage design programs
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with team members from across the Product and Marketing Design Teams.
- 8+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on mobile
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- Excellence in design craft, including map-based UI
- Experience working with physical or hardware IxD a plus
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂