At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas: DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
The job family spans across multiple engineering disciplines. Work consists of designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting and debugging systems, software and solutions for research and/or research development of product, services, and solutions for company’s portfolio. Requires a broad knowledge and application of engineering disciplines, methodologies and tools.
- Develops organization-wide
architectures and methodologies for design and development of complex products, platforms, systems, software, and technology across multiple engineering disciplines, platforms and organizations within the Global Business Unit.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; integrates suggestions, updates, and innovations into overall architecture.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of engineering design innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using, evaluating, and developing appropriate engineering design tools and software packages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware and electrical component design
- Evaluating and selecting forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications
- History of innovation with examples of developing new technologies and practices for designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
To apply for this job please visit jobs.microfocus.com.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂