Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
As a Product Manager in Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility group, you will focus on understanding current and future user needs, industry and technology trends, and customer and partner requirements. The requirements from these learnings will be used to develop products that will shape the fast-moving Autonomous Vehicle industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new high profile products, prioritize new features for launch, and manage the product’s development throughout its lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with users, designers, engineering, and sales and marketing teams.
Our Product Managers are high-energy people that use superb interpersonal and communications skills to work equally well with team members, support organizations, internal customers, and executives. They bring a holistic view and leadership style and are considered a focal point in the organization. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity with analytics skills to create customer value and finding a way to move things forward amid competing forces.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop software products from ideation to launch with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, sales, and strategy.
- Leverage deep user, customer, and industry knowledge to design, launch, and improve products
- Work with design and user research to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and market trends.
- Identify and assess the business value of different strategic scenarios, time sensitive product opportunities, including revenue-generating variants, help define what should be included within our portfolio.
- Utilize strong customer and business acumen to guide the product vision through difficult decision points during development.
- Represent the product team and champion the product through the go-to- market process working with global marketing and sales colleagues to ensure a clear product position and impactful launch.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of Product Manager experience
- Previous experience developing and managing software products, preferably at multiple stages of the product lifecycle
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and interfacing with software products
- Cross functional team experience, especially working with engineers and UI/UX designers
- Highly polished writing ability, very strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functionsComfortable with frequent domestic and international travel
Nice to have bonus skills:
- Background in transportation, autonomous technologies, or robotics
- Computer science or equivalent engineering or data sciences background
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA)
- “Information junkie” that thrives on being the first to know about consumer trends and new technology
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂