The Team: The Commodities & Energy (C&E) team gathers and organizes market, trading, fundamental and meta data from several thousand third party feed sources and makes it available in a standardized from via program interfaces and front end tools. Data is currently housed in two systems – a legacy server based warehouse and a state of the art cloud environment.
The Role: The successful candidate will manage the data product for the Commodities and Energy division. This position reports to the Manager of Research and Data Development, C&E and is located in our Chicago office.
- Manage the product transition from legacy to new cloud environment
- Ensure equivalent functionality and data availability in the new environment
- Work with technical engineering, data operations, front end product managers and other stakeholders to develop a new process that delivers derived data to internal and external clients
- Ensure the upgrade project work meets both the needs of new clients as well as legacy customers that are migrating
- Work with clients to define quantitative analysis and modeling requirements for future enhancement of the data product
- Coordinate with internal teams such as Client Solutions, Product Management, Technology, Marketing, Design, and QA as well as external stakeholders to ensure projects are on schedule, high quality, and delivered per the requirements
- Manage projects from the discovery phase through implementation and delivery
- Proactively identify risks and potential issues and develop mitigation plans
- At least 3 years of product management and/or business analyst experience
- Excellent organizational and planning skills including agile sprint management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Ability to visualize and improve user interface and product navigation
- While this is not a technical role, experience with data development and APIs is required
- Strong analytical, trouble-shooting, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work within a rapidly evolving solutions-oriented development group
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing a technical project from beginning to end
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit morningstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂