Public Cloud Product Manager
Canonical leads the development of Ubuntu, the operating system leading the way in public cloud. If you’re inspired by:
- shaping the daily software experience of millions of user around the world,
- creating new products and business models focused on open source ecosystems that leverage public cloud capabilities on AWS, Azure, GCP and others,
- high stakes, tough, distributed problems in the cloud and on all sorts of environments, infrastructure and devices,
- seeing your skills and talents make a meaningful difference in the world, then read on.
We’re seeking a technical, detail-oriented and articulate product manager to shape the roadmap for Ubuntu on the public clouds from Canonical. You’ll be focused on one of the key public clouds we work with, such as AWS, Azure or GCP, working directly with product managers, engineering managers and lead designers on both Canonical and the public cloud partner sides. Your mission is to design and drive delivery of distinctive products that enable our users to do build safe, robust cloud-based applications that delight their end customers.
This role is responsible for all aspects of product management for the public cloud, from requirements definition, to partner coordination and market messaging. You will need to understand the landscape, the competition and the market. You need to be comfortable with business development to find new partners with which you will collaborate with to bring products to market.
At Canonical we use the agile development model, so you will need to be familiar with how that affects product planning and how to best work with the engineering team. We are a widely distributed team, so you will need to be adept at working in a globally distributed organisation with occasional travel.
You’ll love this job if…
- You are familiar and interested in public cloud ecosystems and technology,
- You are keen to define products that will command attention in a busy marketplace,
- You are business oriented and commercially minded,
- You are intrigued by open source and free software, and believe in the importance of free software in everyday computing, regardless of platform or device, but have an appreciation for the challenge in tastefully defining paid, commercial products, the success of which will define the future of the free platform.
- You believe that the last word in cloud computing has not been written and are keen to dive in and see what else is possible.
- Maintaining a joint roadmap covering all activities with a specific public cloud platform, such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Maintaining product requirements documents for each product being developed for that public cloud platform
- Engaging with Canonical’s engineering teams to ensure requirements are well-understood, that delivery plans are captured and communicated and that progress towards deliverables is maintained
- Understanding the overall market and competitors
- Engaging with ecosystem partners to enhance our own products by adding new capabilities or paths to market
- Acting as product champion and primary contact for all product related questions and press engagements for that specific public cloud
- Coordinating with the communications team to determine market messaging, collateral and launch plans
Required skills and experience
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- B.S./M.S. degree or equivalent experience in applicable field, preferably Design, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- End-to-end software product management and development experience
- Knowledge of Linux, cloud, and open source infrastructure and applications
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule
Desirable skills and experience
- 2+ years experience in product management or engineering direction in a technology company
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂