At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place. We’re the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Crowdsignal, and more. We’re looking for experienced Product Designers to keep the web free and open with us. You’ll join our growing design team and collaborate with engineers, designers, marketers, and customer support in our fully remote company.
What you’ll be doing:
Objective #1: Design world-class, inclusive experiences that positively impact the lives of people, making the web a better place.
- Research: Your emphasis on research and strategy will support your work designing the flows people interact with. You’ll partner with researchers, other designers, engineering, marketing, and business partners to define user problems and needs based on this research.
- Communicate: You’ll effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale in written form as well as verbally and visually to gain alignment and move the work forward.
- Design: Design at all levels of fidelity including user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual designs, and detailed interactions for a product at scale — considering the full customer journey, multiple devices (mobile, etc.), and product experience.
- Execute: You’ll partner with developers throughout the product development process with an eye on quality to ensure a polished experience.
- Iterate & Validate: Working in short design cycles, you’ll iterate on designs according to research and feedback, validating your work with data and real users. You will conduct evaluative testing to validate and inform the design decisions we’re making.
Objective #2: Actively contribute to the evolution of our design organization at Automattic.
- Grow Our Design Community: You’ll collaborate with other members of the design team by giving feedback to continually improve each other’s work.
- Evolve Our Design Process: You’ll help improve our design systems and processes by actively collaborating with other designers across the company.
Design for Automattic, across our products
Designing at Automattic, you will get to work deeply on a specific product for a period of time while being an active part of our design organization. During your time as a designer at Automattic, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many of our products, cross-pollinating your skills and experiences amongst our various design teams. We are currently looking for designers across our many products, specifically WooCommerce, WordPress.org, Jetpack.
If you’d like this to be your next challenge, send us your resume, a portfolio or samples of your work, and brief answers to the following:
- Tell us why you’re interested in working at Automattic.
- What is the product design accomplishment that you are most proud of? Speak specifically about a time when you improved an existing product.
We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit automattic.com.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂