At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
The Cloudflare Program Management Office (PMO) manages various programs that cross-cut the entire organization. We are responsible for managing everything from GDPR readiness, disaster recovery, core resilience, product globalization/localization to building a robust SDLC with continuous improvements, and driving new initiatives that come with a rapidly growing, dynamic environment. While the team reports into the wider Product organization, we work with practically every team in the company to achieve business and technology driven objectives.
We shape high-level plans but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might be presenting new processes or improvements to existing ones to senior leadership, create an end to end execution plan with realistic estimates from all functions involved, work with partner teams to consult on how to most efficiently solve a problem, iterate on templates and tools, measure efficiencies, and generally make things happen. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding and solving the most pertinent needs, and manage through experience and influence to deliver concrete results. We look forward to new faces who enjoy challenges and making things happen as much as we do to join our team of professionals.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Program Manager to join our Product Strategy team in Austin, Texas.
Your main responsibility will be to work cross functionally across the product strategy team to manage and track quarterly planning roadmaps and subsequent deliverables, interface as the diplomat between cross-functional teams and interdependent organizations, and generally make things happen.
You will play an active part in setting up engagement models, collecting program requirements, setting up deliverables, reporting progress, managing stakeholder expectations, and work as the key liaison between the Product Strategy team and other parts of Cloudflare. You will work closely with engineering, design, and product on a day-to-day basis.
Major areas of responsibilities
- Understand technical requirements of assigned programs
- Effectively balance risk and achieving business objectives
- Obtain clear requirements, plans, and decisions to proactively tackle critical gaps and mitigate risk
- Drive creation and roll out of scalable processes as the team continues to grow
- Set up regular feedback cycles and ensure buy-in from contributors on program plan & roadmap
- Provide regular status updates to stakeholders and senior management
Desirable skills and knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Proven track record on creating realistic project plans, and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability
- 7+ years experience in project management or/5+ yrs experience in program management
- Experience working with multiple time zones and multiple cross functional teams.
- Exceptional people skills and empathy.
- Strong competency with Confluence, JIRA (admin-level experience strongly preferred), and various development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Kaizen, Scrum, etc).
- Curiosity and willingness to learn.
- A deep understanding of technical subjects and the internet.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving and ever changing environment.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂