Are you passionate about making technology accessible to more people? Do you like making complicated concepts simple? Do you like translating compelling design to a broad range of deliverables deliverables? MongoDB is looking for a visual designer to join our Visual Design Team.
About the team
We partner with teams across MongoDB to help produce visually impactful, consistent, and inspiring physical and digital experiences for customers at every level.
You should have a strong understanding of both digital and print design and are comfortable working independently and in collaboration with other designers and teams across MongoDB. You are a well-rounded designer with your own voice and vision who knows when to follow and recommend extending visual design systems. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative and creative environment. You love to solve complex visual problems and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Produce high quality design work for a broad range of deliverables, including, but not limited to, advertisements, collateral, illustration and presentations
- Create impactful environmental design for large scale conference and event graphics
- Ensure print production best practices no matter the size or material
- Extend current design systems with ease
- Build Illustrations and icons within the visual design system for collateral and presentations
- Represent complex technical ideas in visually consistent and interesting ways
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- A stellar portfolio that demonstrates creative range and conceptual thinking
- Superior communication skills. You can rationalize your design decisions and articulate your thoughts clearly
- Passion for design and excitement for all projects big and small
- Ability to produce quality work in short timeframes and manage time efficiently
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals, including typography, layout, composition, and color theory.
- Extensive knowledge of the adobe creative suite, sketch
- Ambitious, proactive, conceptual and honest
Bonus points for
- Motion graphics / animation skills or 3D
- Proficiency in Powerpoint or Google Slides
- Passion for illustration
- Prior work for events and large scale environmental design
Why design at MongoDB?
- We value doing what’s best for each other, for the team and for the community
- We encourage open, honest, authentic communication that’s always respectful
- We believe that good ideas come from everywhere and that we are the facilitators of great design vs. the sole creators of design
- We give each designer appropriate autonomy and ownership over their designs and encourage everyone to add their special touch
- We have a strong design feedback culture, but are embedded in small close knit teams
- We like to have fun
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
To apply for this job please visit www.mongodb.com.
Please mention you found this job on PRODUCTHIRE.NET to help us get more companies to post here 🙂