Visual UX Designer,
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
About the Role
Our ideal candidate has a track record of designing flows and wireframes with a strong bias towards user-centric design. The ability to focus in a fast-paced with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers in an agile environment. The Visual UX Designer is responsible for researching, creating and developing concepts and specifications that optimize the structure and behavior of screen- based, software solutions for the mutual benefit of both user and business. Work within this job family falls into three major categories:
(1) enhancements- changes to original design and extensions to existing programs.
(2) new Visual Design and UX designs
(3) strategic interaction and interface design – new or improved Ix design language, user interface style guides, design archetypes, reusable design assets, etc.
The Visual UX Designer
- Leads multiple project teams of designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of UI design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including design architecture, language, validation, and specifications.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on UI design and development. Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with UI design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and UI design.
- Develop high level mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Ability to sketch high-level and detailed ideas individually and during working sessions.
- Work closely with immediate team of Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Developers and Content Strategist.
- Leverage available insights including market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings in all design activities.
- Consider all parts of the experience, from copy to animations to business model, when designing
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall Visual design leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the Visual design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products and services designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for interactive and interface design testing and acceptance.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall interactive and interface design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Excellent skills in creative design tools (Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Bohemian Sketch, and prototyping tools, such as InVision, Framer, Webflow or HTML/CSS/JS ).
Please include a link to your portfolio in addition to your resume. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
If you want to be part of what’s next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status